How do I pay my rent?

Rent is due on the 1st of each month, in advance. Tenants are encouraged to provide post dated cheques to cover the term of the tenancy.

How do I give notice to vacate?

In a month to month tenancy tenants are obliged to provide a minimum of one month’s notice to their landlord, to take effect on the last day of a calendar month. Notice to the landlord must be in writing and can be submitted on line (see “rental forms”) or faxed or e-mailed to our office.

I lost my apartment key.

The tenant is obliged to replace the lock and/or and to provide a copy to the landlord.

I have no heat.

In buildings with “central heating” the tenant must allow a reasonable time period for the repair to be done. There can be a variety of probems:

  • broken thermostat
  • zone valve malfunction (usually located in suite)
  • building wide problem with equipment in central boiler room
  • furniture too close to radiator

What is “reasonable” will depend on the circumstances. For example, if it is below freezing outside and the only source of heat is not working, the repair should be started within a few hours.