According to the Residential Tenancy Branch,
Repairs are considered an emergency only if the health or safety of the tenant is in danger or if the building or property is at risk.
To the extent an emergency exists please contact our after hours emergency line 778.323.1012. Speaking slowly, please provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your telephone number (please ensure call block features have been turned off)
- Property address
- Specifics of your “emergency”
Our “on call” staff will return your call typically within 15 minutes. If you do not receive a call within 15 minutes please call again.
Depending on the emergency, response is dependent upon weather conditions and time of day. During inclement weather, it is NOT possible to undertake any emergency roof repairs. Except for elevator entrapments, contractors can take several hours to arrive on site. In the case of someone trapped in an elevator, we would expect the elevator contractor to arrive on site within one hour.
To ensure prompt response to emergencies, by leaving a voice mail on this number the caller agrees to pay $500 for this service call. This fee is waived once the situation is verified by our staff as warranting after hours emergency level service.
Examples of “emergencies”
Multi – unit building:
- Garage door malfunction (ie. stuck open or closed)
- Broken pipe resulting in a significant water leak (ie. more than dripping)
- Elevator malfunction (people trapped inside)
Single family dwelling:
- No heat in winter (when outside temperatures are below 5° C.
The following are NOT considered “emergencies”
- Lost mail box key
- Lost front door key
- No heat when outside temperature is greater than 5° C
- Calling to inquire about your account
- Appliances not working (eg. Fridge, stove, dishwasher, washer, dryer)
- Water leak which is not significant (eg. fills less than one bucket in 24 hours)